PSP Annual Meeting
Wireless Networking Instructions:
The Regional Cluster Computing Workshop Program
Although all are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to those who submit as part of a two-person team made up of faculty and IT from an institution.
May 6 - 7, 2002
An * indicates required fields
1. Do you wish to be considered for a grant? *
2. Are you a US citizen or permanent resident? (Required if applying for grant)
3. Name: *
4. Title: *
5. Academic Institution: *
6. Type of organization: *
Historically Black College/University
7. Full Mailing Address: *
8. Email Address: *
9. Daytime Phone Number: *
10. Fax Number:
11. Special Dietary Preferences:
To help us tailor the workshop to participants, please answer the following:
12. What is your highest education level achieved:
Some graduate courses
Master's Degree +
13. What is the area of your present professional work? (Check all that apply and indicate area.)
Computer Science and/or Engineering
Mathematics and/or Physical Sciences
Social Sciences and/or Education
Liberal Arts and/or Fine and Applied Arts
Faculty/Teacher Technology Training
14. What kind of work do you do? (Check all that apply.)
15. To what extent do you conduct professional research?
Extent of Research
Does not apply
16. To what extent do you use high performance computing resources (HPC) for your work?
Extent of HPC use
Does not apply
Would like to, but don't at present
17. If you use HPC resources, what type(s) of HPC equipment do you use?
18. Briefly describe your areas of professional interest:
19. Please state briefly why you would like to attend the MSI/HPC workshop:
20. Please state briefly how our support of your MSI/HPC workshop participation will further our goals of reaching out to underserved groups:
21. Have you attended an MSI/HPC workshop in the past?
Cluster Specific Questions:
22. Do you currently have/use a cluster?
23. Do you plan to build a cluster in the near future?
24. Have you ever used RedHat Linux?
25. Do you have working knowledge with Unix-like system?
26. If you have/use a cluster:
a. What applications do you run on the cluster?
b. What is the size of the cluster?
c. Where is the cluster located?
Your own site
If Other site, please specify here:
Are you submitting your application as part of a team?*
If you are submitting as part of a team, please provide the name of the other person from your institution.
Thank you for helping us. If you have further information concerning your work or your desire to do research using HPC resources, please comment: