Note: The financial aid application deadline has been extended to 17 August 2012.
A limited amount of financial aid is available to help pay for attendance at the ADASS XXII conference. Financial aid is aimed especially at students and attendees who are new to ADASS. It is provided to participants based primarily on the merit of their abstracts (oral, poster, or demonstration) and on demonstrated need. Financial aid may be granted for registration fee and/or hotel accomodations for up to 5 nights.
We can not provide financial support for air fare. Awards will not cover the banquet or guest fees, nor will it cover extra hotel charges beyond those for the basic room plus tax.
Applications for financial aid are due by 17 August 2012. To apply, please submit an email to adass-xxii at ncsa.illinois.edu with the subject "Financial Aid Request" with the following information:
- Your position title
- A copy of your presentation abstract (as submitted via the Abstract Submission form)
- Brief vita and list of up to 5 relevant publications (maximum of 2 printed pages)
- Type of financial aid requested:
- Registration support
- Lodging support
- If you are a student, please also include:
- Academic Level (Undergraduate, Graduate)
- Names and address of the persons providing a letter of recommendation (see below).
- A brief statement detailing how you will benefit from attending ADASS and how you hope the ADASS community will benefit from your presentation.
Please note that you must also submit your abstract via the Abstract Submission Form.
If you are a student, note the additional information above that is requested. Student applicants should request a letter of recommendation be sent to the ADASS LOC. The letter must be received by 17 August 2012. Please have the letter sent either by email (adass-xxii at ncsa.illinois.edu) or by post:
c/o Jean Soliday
1205 W. Clark St.
Urbana, IL 61801
Financial aid applicants will be notified by email of aid decisions prior to the abstract submission deadline (17 August). Successful applicants will be notified of the extent of the award and will have two weeks from the notification date to accept the offer. Applicants who are not granted, or not granted in full, will have two weeks to either withdraw their registrations without penalty, or to provide alternate payment information. In the latter case, fees will be assessed at the early, discounted rate if the payment information is provided by the early registration deadline, or within two weeks of the notification, whichever is later.