2014 NCSA Eclipse PTP User-Developer Workshop
2013 NCSA Eclipse PTP User-Developer Workshop
September 13-14, 2013
Four Points Sheraton
Schiller Park, IL
The Parallel Tools Platform (PTP) User/Developer workshop is an annual 2-day meeting of users and developers that provides a forum for discussing all aspects of PTP. Participants in the the workshop will be able to help shape the future direction of the PTP project.
The workshop is divided into two tracks:
- A user's forum, where existing and potential users of PTP can present their experiences, discuss problems, and share tips and strategies for maximizing developer productivity. Users will also be given the opportunity to determine priorities and requirements that will help drive future development activities.
- A developer's forum, where PTP committers and contributors can present new and upcoming features, discuss outstanding issues, and undertake training in project development processes. This year we are also planning to hold a codefest to reduce the number of outstanding bugs and coding issues in the PTP code base. We could also go into how Eclipse PTP works, and/or how to contribute to Eclipse PTP, based on attendee interest.
We encourage attendees to actively participate in the workshop, and encourage the submission of presentations or other group activities. Attendees are welcome to participate in either or both tracks. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Experiences with using PTP for developing large scientific applications
- Tips and strategies for maximizing the productive use of PTP
- Shortcomings with, and possible extensions to, the existing functionality
- Using PTP for developing applications for hybrid heterogeneous or many-core systems
- Using PTP for Python, Perl, or other interpreted language development
- Static or dynamic analysis tools that could be integrated with PTP
- Support for additional runtime systems or schedulers
- Other tools that would benefit the PTP community
You are invited to submit a title and short abstract describing how you will contribute to the workshop, feel free to also indicate any topics you are particularly interested in learning about. Participants in the workshop will be eligible for limited travel support to cover expenses such as airfares and hotel accommodation.
**Pleaase note that the hotel cutoff is now September 3, 2013**