Computer Skills, Honors and Services
(a) Programming: FORTRAN (intensive experience of algorithm design), C, BASIC and HTML.
(b) Hardware: Daily user of UNIX boxes, Macintosh. PC and VAX.
(c) Software: Commercial CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Software CFX and FLUENT, Commericial CFD Grid Generation Software GRIDGEN and EAGLE. Window 95, MS Word, MS Excel, Matlab and LaTex.
The graphics packages of TECPLOT, DISPPLA, XMGR, SCIAN.
(d) Attended High Performance Computational Science Workshop conducted by
Los Alamos National Laboratory and the University of New Mexico. August, 1994.
- Reviewer for following paper:
Shu-Guang Li and Shelley C. Wei, "Improved Finite-Analytic Methods for Steady-State
Heterogeneous Transport in Multi-Dimensions," Journal of Hydraulics Engineering, 1997.
- Full Member of AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics).
- Full Member of ASME (Americal Society of Mechaical Engineering).
- Member of Shipbuilding Society of Shanghai, China (1990).
- MS thesis award from Marine Research and Design Institute of China (MARIC) (1988)
- Organizer of an Oral English Club in MARIC from 1990-1991.
- Translator in 1986
Translating the rules of marine centrifugal pumps of US navy into Chinese
version and got published.
- Coordinator of Tagi Class in Alumni Village of Florida State University, summer 1995
- Bridge: Representative of MARIC for years and champions of some competitions
on behalf of MARIC
Good at almost all card games.
- Table Tennis: Representative of middle school in Zhangzhou and won
championships for some local tounaments on behalf of my school.
Also like to play shuttlecock(badminton) and tennis.
- Enjoy listening to classic, light music and some pop music while reading
interesting books on literature, history, geography for different cultures, esp. Chinese fictional novels
about martial arts.
Return to Wanlai Lin's Home Page: