- Title: Senior Engineer & Ph.D, Emerson Electric Corpration.
- Full Member of AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) (1997-present).
- Full Member of ASME (Americal Society of Mechaical Engineering) (1995-present).
- Phone Number 913-894-2705 (after 8/31/98), (217) 244-3327(o), (217) 344-2017(h)
- FAX (217) 244-2909
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
4113 Beckman Institute, 405 N. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
I, born in Zhangzhou, Fujian, China, went to Tsinghua University in 1980.
After obtaining a Bachelor degree in Fluid Machinery I continued my graduate study in Shanghai
Jiaotong University and MARIC(Marine Research and Design Institute of China) in 1985. I worked
as a research and design engineer in MARIC
from 1988 to 1992. I came to United States
to pursue my Ph.D degree in University of Iowa in 1992. At the same time I had conducted research in IIHR (Iowa Institute of Hydraulic Research). Right after passing Ph.D qualified exam there,
I transfered to FSU to continue my Ph.D study with Dean Chen in 1993 (Professor Chen was
chairman of Mechanical Engineering Dept. in U. of Iowa before 1992). In the summer of 1997, I
received my Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering at FSU ,and then came to NCSA at UIUC to do postdoc
reaserch in October, 1997. I will be a senior engineer at Emerson Ventilation Products of Emerson Electric Corporation at the beginning of September, 1998.
Right now I am married and have one daughter.
South Fujian dialect and Shanghai dialect in China
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Return to Wanlai Lin's Home Page: