NCSA to host XSEDE HPC Bootcamp
05.19.14 - Permalink
NCSA is one of several sites across the country offering students the opportunity to learn hybrid computing techniques through a four-day HPC Bootcamp, sponsored by the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE). The June 24-27 workshop will include MPI, OpenMP, OpenACC, and accelerators and will conclude with a contest challenging students to apply their skills over the following three weeks and be awarded the XSEDE Summer Boot Camp Championship Trophy (worth up to $8!).
Due to demand, this workshop will be telecast to several satellite sites. This workshop is NOT available via a webcast.
Students can register online for this event and can select any of the following sites:
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications
- The University of Utah
- The University of Houston, Clear-Lake
- University of Connecticut
- The University of Iowa
- Ohio Supercomputer Center
- Florida State University
- University of South Carolina
- University of California, Los Angeles
- The Wharton School - University of Pennsylvania
At NCSA, the workshop will be held 10 am to 4 pm in Room 1030 of the NCSA Building.
Questions about the workshop should be directed to Tom Maiden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XSEDE is supported by National Science Foundation through award ACI-1053575.