Seats available in summer course on many-core processors | National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois
Seats available in summer course on many-core processors
07.15.11 - Permalink
The Virtual School of Computational Science and Engineering still has seats available at some locations for the 2011 Summer School course on Proven Algorithmic Techniques for Many-core Processors. This course, taught organized by Wen-Mei Hwu from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, provides students, faculty and staff access to an outstanding set of lessons on how to effectively use graphical programming units (GPUs) in scientific computing. After taking this course, participants will understand the ways that algorithm design choices can dramatically impact performance and will gain in-depth knowledge about algorithmic techniques for maximizing performance on GPUs.
This course runs for five days, August 15-19, and is being taught across 11 sites across the country using high-definition video conferencing and other collaborative technologies. Participants will join from a specially equipped room that allows for interaction with remote speakers and provides face-to-face access with teaching assistants and other students. In addition, all students will receive access to an online Introduction to CUDA course.
Participating sites include:
- Center for Computation & Technology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Institute for Cyber Enabled Research, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Institute for Data and High Performance Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications, Urbana, IL
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications ACCESS Center, Arlington, VA
- Ohio Supercomputer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Princeton Institute for Computational Science and Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ (FULL)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
NOTE, the $100 registration fee will be WAIVED for students attending at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications.