Take a tour
NCSA invites teachers and students, community groups, and everyone who is interested in science, technology, and innovation to visit and learn more about what we do. Children of all ages are welcome; all minors must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or teacher. Visitors can see:
- Artful 3D animations of scientific phenomena. (located at the NCSA Building, 1205 W. Clark St., Urbana)
- An exploration of our machine room, which houses some of the most powerful computers in the world. (located at the National Petascale Computing Facility, 1725 S. Oak St., Champaign)
To request a tour, please complete this form.
Please note the following policies:
- Tour requests should be made at least one week in advance.
- 3D animation tours are scheduled Monday through Friday during standard working hours.
- Machine room tours for groups of 10 or fewer are scheduled to start Monday 2-4 p.m. and Friday 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Groups of 11 or more should indicate their preferred date and time in the "Other information" box before submitting the request.
** Note: No tours will be given November 14-25 and December 19 – January 3. **
After you submit this information, you will be contacted by an NCSA staffer to finalize the details of your tour.